The Itron Delta range of gas meters utilise positive displacement technology to measure gas volume. The flow of gas moves the pistons and each rotation traps and transfers a specific volume of gas. The movement is mechanically transmitted to the totaliser through the magnetic coupling.
This makes this meter ideal for low flow detection – or erratic, start / stop flow situations.
- Excellent metrological stability attested by customers over the years
- No influence of installation conditions nor stop-and-go flow rate on the metrology
- Large rangeability approved by the DRIRE, NMI, PTB and various other official bodies.
- MID approved
- Optimised pressure loss for low pressure network
- Available in aluminium, ductile iron, or steel, for all applications
Delta meters are designed to measure natural gas and various filtered, and non-corrosive gases. They are used when very accurate measurement is required, when the gas flow can be low or irregular. Due to the volumetric principle of the Delta meter, its metrology is not influenced by installation conditions. Consequently, it can be used to build very compact stations without installing a straight pipe inlet before the meter. Delta meters are approved for fiscal use.
Flow rate from 0.4 m3/h to 1000 m3/h
Nominal diameters G10 to G650 DN 40 to DN 150 (1”1/2 to 6”)
Maximum working pressure up to 100 bar depending on the body material and flanging
Body materials aluminium, ductile iron or steel